NO! Not more about the Coronavirus….
I have no doubt that you are just about ready to never hear the words Coronavirus or COVID-19 again, I know I am! Unfortunately these are difficult and unprecedented times and ignoring the facts will not help anyone. Of course there is so much information and it changes so rapidly, that it can be difficult to find out what the facts actually are. Well at time of writing this is what we know and what it may mean for you.
- COVID-19 continues to spread and we have had reported cases in the HKPR district (Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge) including one presenting at the Ross Memorial Hospital.
- Whilst any number of precautions may be helpful, first and foremost continue to avoid crowds and public spaces, maintain at least six feet between yourself and others, cover your mouth and nose when sneezing and wash, wash, wash!
- If you are returning from out of country, self-isolate for 14 days.
- Should you develop symptoms, DO NOT go to your doctor, Nurse Practitioner or the walk-in clinic. Instead
- Complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment at https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-self-assessment
- If indicated by the self-assessment results, contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 or the HKPR District Health Unit (www.hkpr.on.ca) at 1-866-888-4577 ext. 5020.
- If symptoms are severe, please call 911 and alert the dispatcher to your travel history and symptoms.
- Starting Wednesday, March 18, the RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre can be reached at 705-328-6217. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-4p.m.
- Avoid unnecessary healthcare visits and if you do need to come see your primary care provider, please call ahead so that we may screen you to ensure the safety of our staff and other patients.
- As we are unable to effectively screen at our walk-in clinics, we have chosen to suspend services until at least April 14th.
- To adequately screen before you come in for bloodwork, we will ONLY be seeing Kawartha North FHT patients in our Bobcaygeon location at 100 East St. S.; you must call to book an appointment ahead of time. All City of Kawartha Lakes FHT patients should access lab services at the Fenelon Falls location at 205 Francis St.
- We have posted links to additional information and resources on our website at www.knfht.ca
- If someone in your house is under investigation for COVID-19 or has tested positive, remember to use standard precautions and to avoid sharing household items such as dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels or bedding . Laundry may be washed together, but you should wear gloves whilst handling soiled items.
- Clean regularly touched surfaces such as toilets, sink tap handles, doorknobs and light switches with disinfectants such as a solution of 1 cup bleach per 1 gallon of water.
- Be cautious when emptying wastebaskets and the like to avoid touching used tissues.
We will try our very best to continue to support you at this difficult time and please remember to take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Your friends at the Kawartha North FHT
Comments are closed.